How to Ride Your Bike
Fuel Saving Tips :
A well maintained vehicle and good driving
can contribute a lot to the saving of petrol.
Following are a few simple fuel saving tips.
Good Riding Habits :
• Ride smoothly and steadily at an optimum
driving speed of 40 to 50 Km/h
• Avoid harsh braking.
• Change the gear judiciously according to
the speed and load requirement.
• Don’t overload the vehicle above the
• Use the accelerator judiciously.
• Cut off the engine if you want to stop for
more than two minutes.
How to check mileage (Fuel efficiency)
Best way to calculate mileage is by following
the full tank to full tank method.
• Fill way tank full up to small mouth (brim).
• Run the bike for say 100 km.
• Fill the tank full again in same fuel filling
station, probably with same fuel dispenser.
• Divide kilometer run / fuel quantity filled.
Ensure following maintenance points to get
optimum performance from your bike.
Check fuel lines & connections
Spark Plugs Inspect and clean spark plugs.
Adjust electrode gap. Replace
spark plugs as per P.M. Chart.
Clean the air filter element
periodically. Replace as per
Periodic Maintenance Chart.
Check engine oil level. Always
use recommended grade and
Ensure that the brakes are not
dragging / binding.
Ensure correct clutch lever
Always maintain recommended
Carburettor Clean & adjust the carburettor.
Adjust idling speed.