To load your ECONOBURN
Wood-Fired Boiler with fuel (wood), ALWAYS use the following
THE FORCED DRAFT FAN MUST BE STOPPED AND THE FLUE BYPASS DAMPER FULLY
OPENED FOR AT LEAST ONE MINUTE BEFORE OPENING THE FIREBOX DOOR TO REFUEL.
THIS IS NECESSARY TO ENSURE THAT SMOKE AND FLAMES FROM THE FIRE WILL NOT EXIT
THE FIREBOX DOOR AND HARM THE OPERATOR.
NEVER OPEN EITHER DOOR ON THE UNIT (THE UPPER FIREBOX DOOR OR THE LOWER
COMBUSTION CHAMBER DOOR) WHEN THE BOILER IS IN OPERATION WITHOUT FIRST
OPENING THE FLUE DAMPER HANDLE AND WAITING A MINIMUM OF ONE MINUTE.
Open the Boiler’s bypass damper by pushing the flue
draft handle as far to the rear of the unit as it will go.
(See Figure A.)
2. Turn off the forced draft fan at the blower cover.
3. Wait a minimum of one minute.
4. SLOWLY open the firebox door. (See Figure B)
5. Load fuel into the firebox. Although your
Wood-Fired Boiler is very ruggedly
built, do not throw wood into the firebox haphazardly
as you may chip the gasification nozzle.
6. Close the firebox door.
7. Close the bypass damper by pulling the flue draft
handle all the way forward. This will engage the
mechanical safety lock. (See Figure C.)
8. Turn the forced draft fan on once again at the blower
cover. (Toggle switch.)